Families of victims upset as accused minor released from observation home

 


Families of the deceased met Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on Tuesday.

Mamta Koshta, mother of the deceased Ashwini Koshta recalled that the Maharashtra government has assured them that justice will be served. “I was shocked after seeing the news. I have full faith in the judiciary. They must have made the decision after careful consideration. However, I request the judges to understand the pain of a mother who has lost her daughter. Punishment should be given accordingly so that the public can trust the judicial system. I don’t know what is in the law. My only request to the judges is to understand the pain of a mother who has lost her daughter. Many girls live there and such incidents should not recur. Those who commit such crimes should learn a lesson. I only request the judges to make the right decision,” she told reporters.

On May 19, two IT engineers, Ashwini Koshta and Aneesh Awadhiya were allegedly killed after a speeding Porsche car driven by a 17-and-a-half-year-old minor in an inebriated state hit their motorcycle at Pune’s Kalyani Nagar junction around 2.30 am.

On Tuesday, the division bench of Justices Bharti Dangre and Manjusha Deshpande of the Bombay High Court on Tuesday ordered the immediate release of the juvenile from an observation home noting that the Juvenile Justice Board’s remand orders were illegal and passed without jurisdiction

Comments